Saturday, June 16, 2012

CALMING THOUGHTS CAN HEAL YOU

Take it from one who has reached their stress level at one time or another, think about calming thoughts to try and get your life together.

By thinking calming thoughts, I become calmer and accept things that we cannot change or have control over in a positive way. I do believe that calming thoughts can heal you.

We often head out to the Tropics to get away from the cold in Connecticut every year. I find the ocean and the warm breeze to be very therapeutic. Just looking out into the ocean gives you a new way to look at things. Everything that bothers you is somehow swept away when watching the waves come in and out.

Another way to calm yourself down is to read. I find myself getting so involved in a book that I forget where I am at times. Walking is great - you get your energy level up and things that are on your mind seem to melt away when briskly walking and if you are really energetic running is ideal, but I would not go that far. Knitting and crocheting are one of the best ways to be calm and relax. You do not think of anything when you are doing needle work, unless of course you drop a stitch or two. This goes for men too, believe it or not.

I am an artist and I find that painting calms me. I get to express my thoughts on canvas or watercolor paper and the colors that I choose seem to soften any anxiety I might have.

So when things are not going your way try to think of the positive and have those calming thoughts.
"Nothing Leaves An Impression Like A Lasting One"...
http://www.impressionsbyjackie.com/inspirational.html

No comments:

Post a Comment